Sunday 3 April 2016

LIFESTYLE OF A SOLO SENIOR

HEALTH AND FITNESS

STYLE QUEENS DON'T SWEAT

Not for me a sweaty workout in hundreds of $$$$$ worth of
active wear.Though,now that I am retired,I am well aware
that I need to exercise every day.Walking is a wonderful way
to keep fit and it's friendly,too.Sometimes I walk with a buddy,
but if I 'm  solo,I 'll chat to those I meet on my way down to
the lake,along the breakwall to the beach.

YOGA WORKS FOR ME

Twice a week,I join a yoga class at a Surf Club overlooking the
ocean.I stretch,bend,twist and meditate to the sound of waves
crashing and sea gulls screeching.

MY FAVOURITE MEDITATION

Try this.Sit comfortably,close your eyes and breathe deeply.
Place a hand over your heart and think of someone or some
thing that you love.It could be a lover, a lost dog or a vodka
martini.Choose and feel the love.Breathe and turn the corners
of your mouth up.Yes, SMILE.

No comments: