Sunday 31 July 2016

THE SOLO SENIOR'S SCHOOL REUNION

TO GO OR NOT TO GO?

I thought about it but, no,I didn't go to the school
reunion celebrating fifty odd years since I was the
kid with the over bite and bad hair.After I found the
photo I started thinking about the little school that
shaped my life.

Ormiston was founded in1849 as a boarding school
for the daughters of the early settlers of rural
Victoria.A private enterprise,Ormiston was run by
pioneer women determined to provide educational
opportunities for girls despite the difficulties of
life in the new colony.

Throughout my years at Ormiston,the school was
still privately run by formidable women with the
same pioneering spirit and passion for excellence
as the founding teachers.

We girls were from different cultures and faiths,
however tolerance and good manners were
expected and there was no exemption from sports.

Thanks to the role models of Ormiston I have
resilience for the road less travelled and respect
for all who triumph against the odds.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting reading

Unknown said...

Interesting reading